I love drinking healthy teas at least twice a day; for years, I have been enjoying the benefits of dandelion root for kidney and liver to keep them in optimal health. I know most of you don’t know much about the benefits of dandelion and the ways to use it. For this reason, I am writing this article to help you people understand the uses and benefits in a better way. Before discussing the benefits of this herb, let’s peek into what exactly is dandelion?
What is a dandelion root?
Dandelion is a flowering plant found throughout Europe, Asia, and America. You can eat all the parts of the dandelion, may it be leaves, flowers, or roots. All of them are considered vital as they hold a great medicinal value.
Dandelion is famous for its health benefits for kidneys, liver, and urinary tract. For years it has been used for treating ailments like acne, liver disease, cancer, and digestive disorders.
It grows in your garden and doesn’t leave even if you try hard to remove it as it is stubborn. Dandelions are known as Taraxacum spp.; the most common species is Taraxacum officinale. It is used as a traditional herbal medicine for several ailments.
In this article, you will find some fantastic facts about dandelion root’s benefits.
Benefits of Dandelion root for kidney and liver
The nutritional content that dandelion root holds is nonetheless better than other vegetables in your garden. It is loaded with fiber, minerals, and vitamins from seed to flower. They are a rich source of vitamin C, A, and K. They also contain a small amount of vitamin B and E. The dandelion root is said to have carbohydrate-insulin, which is a soluble fiber found in most plants. It helps in maintaining healthy bacterial flora in our intestinal tract.
Is dandelion root and leaves alkaline?
One of the best alkalizing herbs is dandelion root. Its anti-inflammatory properties help flush out toxins from your liver, kidneys, and gallbladder. It’s also anti-carcinogenic. You can brew a strong cup that tastes surprisingly like coffee.
Are the dandelion leaves edible?
Dandelion leaves to be eaten raw are best when they are fresh and young. As they age, the leaves get increasingly bitter. But they are still edible, particularly if you blanch them before using them in your recipe. … Sautéed: you can use all dandelion or a mix of leaves to lighten the flavor of this dish.
Some other benefits of dandelion include:
- Dandelion root for liver and kidney inflammation
- Dandelion is effective in reducing the inflammation caused by any disease. It contains polyphenols, a bioactive compound found in plants that help reduce inflammation.
- Your body’s response to any illness or injury results in inflammation. An excessive inflammation leads to permanent damage to the body’s DNA and tissues. Test tube studies have revealed that the rash had reduced to a great extent with dandelion root.
- One of my family members had been suffering from liver inflammation. I suggested that they try dandelion root tea. He used the dandelion tea for his liver for a month, and he got healthy again within two and a half months.
A study was carried out on a group of mice and found that those who gave a dose of the dandelion root had recovered from liver inflammation within no time.
Diuretic effects of dandelion for kidney and liver
Dandelion leaves have a bitter flavor and are a rich source of vitamin A, C, and D. Meanwhile, the dandelion root has minerals iron, zinc, and potassium. Dandelion roots have a diuretic effect that helps in washing the kidneys and urinary tract. It helps in excessive urine production and replaces potassium that is lost in the urine.
The native Americans use these dandelion roots for kidneys and liver as they have a rich potassium and mineral nutrients source. Being diuretic helps in removing the bloating symptoms.
Do you know that dandelion roots have antiviral effects? Dandelion roots for kidneys and liver have a tremendous impact on women as it keeps their urinary tract clear of any infection. When the kidneys are performing their proper function, urinary tract infection decreases to a great extent. By drinking dandelion tea, you can eliminate any condition that is affecting your liver functioning.
When the bladder is functioning correctly and is safe from infections, the kidneys will outperform, too, as the bacteria won’t enter the kidneys via the bladder.
Dandelion roots are an alternative to conventional antibiotics as they have anti-inflammatory properties.
The anti-inflammatory benefits of dandelion root for kidney and liver
I have mentioned earlier that dandelion roots have exceptional anti-inflammatory properties, because of which their use has increased over the past few years. I had kidney stones, and for several months I went to many doctors, and all had refereed a surgery. I wasn’t sure whether I should undergo surgery or not. Then I started surfing the internet until I found this magical root. You believe me or not, but dandelion root helped me get rid of kidney stones within a few days.
Drinking dandelion root tea for consecutive few days will help you get rid of kidney stones as the stones are broken down and passed quickly with urine. But it would help if you discussed it with your doctor before using dandelion roots for kidneys or liver.
Dandelion roots promote healthy kidneys and liver.
In the presence of stress and toxic substances, dandelion roots have a protective effect on the liver. Dandelion roots have antioxidants that protect the liver tissue from harmful levels of acetaminophen.
Dandelions root for kidney and liver help in removing extra fat stored in the liver. It also protects the oxidative stress in the tissue wall of the liver.
If you want to keep the wall of your liver healthy and maintain the pH, you should have dandelion root tea, as it is very beneficial.
Dandelion Root Capsules 1800mg | 300 Count | Non-GMO, Gluten-Free Supplement
Dandelion Root, a nutrient-dense extract derived from the root of the Taraxacum officinale plant. High Potency, each serving delivers the equivalent of 1,560 mg of Dandelion Root in capsules.
Rooted in Wellness, Carlyle provides premium, natural supplements in your pursuit of healthy living. Carlyle Manufacturers, Laboratory Tested, Trusted Ingredients, Superior Quality. Naturally Free of Gluten, Wheat, Yeast, Milk, Lactose, Artificial Flavor, Sweetener & Non-GMO
Traditional Medicinals Organic Roasted Dandelion Root Herbal Leaf Tea, 16 Tea Bags
Stimulates the liver and supports healthy digestion. Non-GMO Verified. All Ingredients Certified Organic. Kosher. Caffeine Designation: Decaffeinated Consistently high-quality herbs from ethical trading partnerships. Taste: Pleasantly roasted with bitter notes. Case of six boxes, each box containing 16 sealed tea bags (96 total tea bags)
Dandelion root has several other benefits apart from kidneys and liver
Dandelion roots help in weight loss. The bioactive components in the tuber might help in reducing weight. With dandelion tea, I have been maintaining my weight for several years. If you want to control your weight and are looking for an authentic way, try dandelion root tea.
If you like buying loose tea leaves and or roots to make your tea bags or used a filter, we provide the instructions below.
How to make dandelion root tea?
- Making a tea of a dandelion root for kidneys and liver is very easy. All you need to do is:
- Cut the root
- Wash the roots thoroughly
- Cut them into small pieces
- Roast the tuber from both sides for 50 minutes each
- Once the tuber is cooked, chop them (you can even grind them and make a powder)
- Add this to your coffee or tea
- You can boil it with cardamom and add lemon to enhance its taste
Dandelion root is a liver-tonic
For centuries, the root has been used as a “liver-tonic.” It increases the ability of the flow of bile.
Dandelion root tea helps in detoxifying the liver. It helps in relieving the symptoms of the liver and helps with eye and skin problems. The polysaccharides in dandelion roots are beneficial for proper liver functioning.
Dandelion roots are a natural substitute for coffee.
There are days when you don’t feel like drinking coffee or tea. I often avoid coffee, and instead, I drink dandelion root tea. It is the best substitute for coffee that you can use in your home. You can roast the roots of dandelions to a dark brown color. Then add the grounded tuber in hot water and strain them. You can enjoy it as a substitute for coffee.
How do dandelion roots soothe digestive ailments?
Dandelion root has impressive effects on our digestive system. Historically, it has been used to soothe minor digestive ailments, improves appetite, and relieve constipation.
Dandelion root for kidney and liver help fight cancer
One of the most intriguing claims of dandelion roots is that it prevents the growth of cancerous cells. It protects several organs from cancer symptoms. A test-tube study has revealed that the cancerous cells were treated with dandelion roots.
- Dandelion roots slow down the growth of cancer cells, pancreatic tissue, and colon.
- It helps to prevent urinary tract infections.
- If the dandelion root is paired with uva ursi, it may help in preventing any urinary tract infection. Uva ursi has antibacterial compounds that increase urination and helps clean the kidneys.
- It helps to treat constipation.
- To treat the symptoms of impaired digestion, you can use dandelion roots. With constant use of dandelion roots, I have no complaints of constipation.
- A study on rats showed that rats treated with dandelion roots had increased stomach contractions. It helped in emptying the stomach by moving the food down into the small intestines.
How dandelion roots boost immunity
If you have weak immunity and have tried several medicines to save yourself from diseases, you haven’t got good results. Then try dandelion root tea that has antiviral and antimicrobial properties. It supports the body and helps it to fight infections. It reduces the ability of the viruses to replicate, thus preventing them from causing any damage.
Final words on how dandelion roots are beneficial
For almost five years, I have enjoyed the benefits of dandelion root for kidney and liver health. If you are tired of taking medicines, then try this herb with so many benefits. If you have any liver or kidney problems, I recommend using dandelion roots daily for healthy results. It makes your immunity strong and helps in fighting against cancer. Try dandelion once, and trust me, you will be amazed by its results.
- 0.1 What is a dandelion root?
Benefits of Dandelion root for kidney and liver
- 1.1 Is dandelion root and leaves alkaline?
- 1.2 Are the dandelion leaves edible?
- 1.3 Diuretic effects of dandelion for kidney and liver
- 1.4 The antiviral properties of dandelion leaves and roots are;
- 1.5 The anti-inflammatory benefits of dandelion root for kidney and liver
- 1.6 Dandelion roots promote healthy kidneys and liver.
- 1.7 Dandelion Root Capsules 1800mg | 300 Count | Non-GMO, Gluten-Free Supplement
- 1.8 Traditional Medicinals Organic Roasted Dandelion Root Herbal Leaf Tea, 16 Tea Bags
- 1.9 Dandelion root has several other benefits apart from kidneys and liver
- 1.10 How to make dandelion root tea?
- 1.11 Dandelion root is a liver-tonic
- 1.12 Dandelion roots are a natural substitute for coffee.
- 1.13 How do dandelion roots soothe digestive ailments?
- 1.14 Dandelion root for kidney and liver help fight cancer
- 1.15 How dandelion roots boost immunity
- 1.16 Final words on how dandelion roots are beneficial